My heart just got an upgrade today. I want to share it. I've been a busy mom for well 13 years now. Extra busy for the past 4. I decided to give the youngest two a bath this morning. I sang to them. I mean everything a person usually says, I sang instead. It was a full on musical in that bathroom. 😂 I scrubbed and taught at the same time. I loved it. I realized that in the middle of all the have tos like dinner and cleaning, I lost the thrill of the little things. The joy of bathes and songs and just being together. Somewhere I got caught up in the enormity of the task of raising good kids that I lost the joy of it.
There's always too much for a mom to tackle in a day. There always will be. So today I got my why back. I didn't have kids because I needed to have them to check it off my life list. I had children to make my life rich and full of life. So I'm trading in the have tos for get tos. I'm honored to bathe and feed my babes. They are a gift and I want to sing through life from here on.
My heart needed an upgrade. It needed the why to help get through the what's. The why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Thank you Jesus for heart checks. 💙
No comments:
Post a Comment