Monday, November 5, 2012

Famous Cowboy Cookies

I make these cookies all the time! I am close to famous over this recipe. :) close ;) lol! I actually don't like these cookies much but I am a people pleaser so I make them to please. Funny thing. Last night I finally ate one and was I surprised! It was delicious!  :) So either I am getting even better at making the cookies or it's just pregnancy changing my taste buds. lol! Whatever the cause I want to share this recipe with everyone. :)


Famous Cowboy Cookies       

3 cups Flour
1 T baking powder
1 T baking soda
1 T Cinnamon
1 t salt

1 ½ cups butter at room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla

3 cups rolled oats
2 cups Semi sweet chocolate Chips
2 cups coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (8 oz)

Heat Oven to 350*
In large bowl beat butter on medium speed until creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add vanilla. Beat until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon sprinkling evenly over the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
Stir in Oats, Chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
Drop ¼ cup dough for each cookie onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing 3 inches apart.
Bake in 350* oven 17 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned, Rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies to rack to cool.

Makes 3 dozen. For 6 dozen cookies, use 2 Tablespoons dough for each cooking for 15 to 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment