Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Hard?
Education is not some complex mystery. It's an everyday experience. It's books, life, lessons, training, dishes, love, wonder, passion.... I've been homeschooling my children since birth so 9 years now. I was under the impression that teaching had to be done a certain way and you had to be a college graduate to do it properly. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Experience is the best. There are so many amazing moms and dads out their who share their experience, curriculum choices and advice. It's a deception to think you can't homeschool. I love it! I like knowing my children, their individual passions and the core of what drives them. I know them better than anyone else. I'm by no means an expert on curriculum or schedule but an expert on relationship and passion. Lol! My kids are going to be everything they need to be when they grow up. I'm not worried or scared about that. I will work with their individual passions and find out what drives them. I'm excited for their future and for their present. They have me and their home to grow and learn from. I'm not perfect and homeschooling instant a fix all. Yet I do know it protected me from choices at a young age that I wasn't ready to make. I'm so thankful to be a graduate of homeschool. I hope my kids feel the same way. But if they don't I'm teaching them about forgiveness and other such character qualities. We are all covered. ;) lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment