I lock the bathroom door now. I find this interesting that after all these years I just started locking the door. So I got to thinking about why....why now? Then I realized it's a healthy boundary I've set.
I think we too often see boundaries as keeping the "bad guys" out, oh! and this lovely over used word "toxic people" out. (Toxic people is a whole other subject I'll discuss another day.😉)
Boundaries is actually just a way to make sure we take care of ourselves well so we can always keep love flowing out of our heart.
So how does locking the bathroom keep my love on? I'll tell you. I have two young children with iPods now. iPods that take pictures. These kids take pictures of everything. I mean. EVERYTHING! They are immature and I'm training them on appropriate pictures but until they learn to respect me the door will be locked.
I think we have a lot of people growing and maturing around us ....and sometimes we are the annoying immature babes, so the boundary is there to keep everyone safe. It's not about who is good and who is bad. My children are amazing! Loving and brilliant! They love me and I love them. But I don't want them to accidentally hurt me and hurt themselves by taking pictures they shouldn't.
So in other words the people I love the most are on the outside of the locked door and I lock the door because I love them too much to let them in and ruin that love. They'll be locked out until they're mature enough to have self control with a camera. 😂
If we can start setting boundaries out of love and then show others how to get closer to us by their own self control, relationship will be so much more enjoyable. My deepest desire is to love my family and others like Christ. A boundary is one of my tools to accomplish this. I'm in charge of who gets to have access to my heart. If I take responsibility for that then I can help others grow in this. I don't play the victim role any longer so amazing enough the bad guys are no longer around. I want healthy relationships and they always start with me. 😎

No comments:
Post a Comment