I'm trying to be more intentional when I smile. For example when I lay my 18 mth old down for a nap I smile with my whole face. I used to get so nervous and tense at nap time because he screamed. I prayed for him to change. But I changed first...then he changed. It dawned on me about a week ago that I get all drill sergeant when it comes to sleep. I'm approaching it differently now and getting different results. He smiles back and waves and closes his eyes. It's a beautiful thing to be humble and change. I'm not the quickest to come to the place of humility but I do get there eventually. ;) lol! I love smiling. I'm going to be doing even more of it now. It just makes life better.
I smiled at them when they doubted, and my approval was important to them. (Job 29:23 NCV)
A smiling king can give people life; his kindness is like a spring shower. (Proverbs 16:15 NCV)
No comments:
Post a Comment