Wednesday, April 17, 2013

True self

God reveled a truth to me today. I'm studying identity in Christ and I'm seeing how this plays out in our parenting too! I can focus on what my children do wrong and label them with that or I can call them up to their true selves. They are loving, compassionate, and hard workers....in training. I'm making them work hard and learn for their good, not for me. They need to see that I do this for them, not so they earn my love. My love is free. I love them because they are my children and for no other reason. To be at their happiest and best is to have a life full of character and morals. A real love isn't letting a person slide through life with no accountability yet a real love never tears down. It builds up! Perfect love casts out fear. As I walk in Christ and his love flows through me, my children will benefit. I'm raising them as a flawed individual/parent. Yet my true identity is righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. When I goof up I just took my eyes off who I really am and started functioning as old self. I will continue to seek Gods kingdom first and my parenting will line up with his perfect design. I'm at a place of radical change. Supernatural peace and joy. Even though I'm having success, yet I'm still being corrected. This excites me though. A parent only corrects and trains those they love. God loves me so much!! A fool doesn't listen to correction...thankfully my foolishness is at an all time low! Lol!! I want to keep my heart soft. My eyes opened to God at all times. My family will reap a mighty harvest of favor and blessings as I seek my God, my father's, Kingdom first. I will not look to every problem and focus on the fix. I will look to God and see him bring the freedom and solution to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment