I love sweet baked yummy delicious goodies! I visit our local coffee shop, Country Java, at least three times a week for some tasty treats. Last night I realized how sad I would be to wake up to cereal so I baked this Blueberry Coffee Cake before bed. I pulled it out of the oven at 11:30pm, sampled a LARGE piece and went to bed with sweet dreams of coffee and cake! I'm so pleased with this yummy recipe. As always this started as someone else's recipe but by the time I finished baking you no longer saw the recipe I started with, it was all mine. Lol! I love baking and I thought I'd share this yummy recipe I made last night. Enjoy! :)
Blueberry Coffee Cake
For the topping
1/3cup butter, softened
1/4 cup whole white wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 oats
1/2 cup pecans
For the base:
1 1/2 cups whole white wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/8 cup oil
1/2 cup plain almond milk
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a cake tin, or square baking tin. I used a pie tin.
In a small bowl, with a fork, mash together the softened butter, 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, sugar, oats and cinnamon. Add chopped pecans. Don’t worry about making fine crumbs, clumps are good.
In a medium bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add blueberries, toss to coat. Set aside.
Mix melted butter, oil, milk, and vanilla, add egg. Mix well. Add this to the flour/blueberry mixture all at once and stir together just until incorporated. DO NOT over mix.
Pour into prepared pan and spread the brown sugar mixture over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted in the middle.


No comments:
Post a Comment