Thursday, March 27, 2014

I Can Say No....Right?

  I'm learning an interesting lesson this season of my life. 
  Saying no.  
  It's so hard!! Yes comes off my tongue so quickly!! I'm a yes girl. My kids ask for candy, yes. Can we stay up late? yes. Can I eat this cookie before dinner? Yes. (That one won't change. I'm eating an appetizer cookie with them. lol!!) Can you work the nursery? Yes. Can you take this person a meal? Yes. 
  I've got to stop answering so quickly.  I've learned that a yes to one thing is a no to something else. I've been saying no all along!? What?! 
  I feel like I'm in a tail spin. I'm not sure what to do about this. I'm not good at saying N O. I look all weird and unsure. It makes others uncomfortable just to watch it. LOL!! 
  The good news is I have Jesus. He promised to send the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me. I'm full of wisdom when I just ask for it......now to remember to ask. Asking isn't so easy for me either! LOL!! God help me and my foolish heart. 
  This season in life is about boundaries. Protective boundaries. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my church. I must learn to love myself enough to create a healthy soul. A soul that is full enough to pour out on others. 
  I'm so thankful for God's gentle ways. How seasons come and go. How he never leaves me nor forsakes me, even when I do a piece of stupid. 
  I'm just warning all my friends. Don't be surprised when you hear me say no...in my awkward twitchy way. Just love me enough to understand I'm a work in progress. :) lol!! This yes girl hasn't changed completely. Just a little "no" every now and then won't hurt...I hope. It might even help. :) lol!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment