Friday, June 13, 2014

Ready, Go, Set....

Today marks 12 days without my iPhone. I am barrowing one but it doesn't have my apps or my contacts in it. I start with this fact because this information sets the stage for what I am about to share. I don't miss my phone....don't get me wrong. I miss easy contact with my friends. Not my phone. It was a time sucker. All the beeps, the notifiacations, the alerts...so much! I felt like I was on constant call. Always answering or looking for the next distraction. Don't misunderstand, I loved it! It felt important.

I love realtionship. Family. Friends. Talking. Sharing. Doing. But somewhere along the way I had substituted social media for the real thing. I knew something was up when I was looking forward to the days my children could get online so we could share our lives. ;) lol!!! Seriously. I thought that. They live with me! How much more can we share? I needed a revamp. Reset. Well here it is, ready, set, go (actually as an extrovert it's ready, go, set). :) lol!

I love my Facebook. My texting. My social ways. I just need to take a fresh look at my why. Nothing wrong with rethinking as long as I keep my love on. Which I am learning to do (slow process). I am the only one in control of my life and my choices. I am choosing to be open to see my areas of weakness and strength.

I am still going to check my Facebook. Maybe even post again in the future. Maybe. ;) lol!!! I have so many good friends on and off Facebook. I want to rediscover what it was like before social media.....maybe for a day or two. ;) hehehehe

2 comments: