Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Eyes to see...

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My girls are off at camp so it's just me and the two littles. We went out to lunch. My two year old was so well behaved! Loved it! :) We went to see grandparents then had dinner with more grandparents.
As I was driving home from my beautiful day, I started thinking about how great my life is...my husband, my children, my parents, my in laws, all so good! I asked God why do I get the best? He told me that once upon a time I didn't even know I had the best. I almost threw it all away by being ungrateful. My eyes were blinded. Lies were believed. I almost allowed selfishness to rob me of my marriage, my home and love. I see truth now in my family. The beautiful blessing is that I actually see!! I now know to ask God to open my eyes when I feel ungrateful. I hear a lot of people say "others have it worse" as a way of inspiring gratefulness. This seems backwards to me. Comparing ones life with another, wether good or bad, only leads to a negative. A positive is to to see my own life and ask God what is the good here, open my eyes! Without ever comparing it to another. :) I'm in awe of all the goodness God has helped me to see. Life is all about choices. Believe this or believe that. Go here or go there. Be selfish or give. :) I'm choosing to be thankful in my life and when I feel it slipping I trust God to help me get it back in focus. :)
Today is another day of living the dream! Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, painting...but I've always said that life without love is cleaner than one with love. So I will enjoy my chores. My life is full/messy and I appreciate all of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment