Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fall Short

I finished the book Keep Your Love On today. Somehow I thought that the final chapter would miraculously change me! The last word snuck up on me and a feeling of deep disappointment befell my hopeful heart. I was the same. Well except this deep understanding of how far I've fallen short.
Tears just keep coming.
I'm overwhelmed this week. The challenges have hit me left and right. They haven't been handle so good.
The funny thing is relationship and loving others is my thing. Lol!! My THING!! Oh how funny life is.
I'm crying out to God today. I know how very much I need him today. I need an extra large heart. An enlarged overflowing heart that only God can give. I see how far I am from being where I want to be. The coolest part about all this? We all fall short of the glory of God...but I have Jesus. I have the cross. Through His sacrifice I am the very righteousness of God through Christ Jesus.
I'm wiping the tears and getting back up to give it another shot. I will keep running the race. One day I will see my Jesus and he will say, did you learn how to love? I will be able to say yes. :)

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (Romans 3:23, 24 KJV)

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (1 Corinthians 9:24 KJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment