Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tempted

I'm tempted at times to be uneducated. To only look at the happy and pretend the bad doesn't happen. I was confronted with this head on a few weeks ago at church. I wasn't ready to hear about persecution of Christians. I don't want to know about tornados or wild fires. It's horrible and pulls me down with the weight of it. It causes fear. Today as I'm meditating on God and who he is I'm seeing a bigger picture. That it is far better to know the facts even if they are negative and then give the cares to God in prayer. I can live in a utopia by ignoring the ugly in the world or I can see it, pray and believe for God's Kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. Walking in a total trust in God and his love is better. My head likes to dig deep into the sand...but being informed trumps. I'm finding a new place of peace in my walk with God. I'm embracing education because my source of peace, joy, and protection is alive and with me always: Jesus Christ. I won't hide from anything! I will chose to be educated but focus on the truth of the matter. My God is bigger than anything. He has overcome everything and I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. So even when it's bad, it's good! :) lol!
Philippians 4:6&7

No comments:

Post a Comment