Friday, July 6, 2012

Night night

Tucking my kids into bed is always a process. Water, hungry, potty, blanket, light, story...and the dreaded I'm scared can I sleep with you. My oldest gets scared a lot. I did too when I was her age. I have compassion for about 15 minutes and then sleepy crabby mama bear comes out. I just want to yell get over it! But something stops me. I started praying for wisdom in dealing with my daughters fear. I got an answer. It's her beautiful imagination gone wild. It's what makes her special. It can be used for good or evil. I now pray with her differently at night. Not for the dreams or thoughts to go away, but thanking God for her precious imagination and that we have the power to control it. The scriptures say that we are not given a spirit of fear but a sound mind. I believe it. Bedtime isn't always pretty around here. ;) lol It's getting better though. The more I trust God and walk in love, the better it is for everyone. So night night, sweet dreams and no you already ate! Go to sleep! ;) lol!!!

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment