I'm a person that has many words...many, many, many words. :) I always have something to say. A good friend of mine reminded me a few weeks ago that God likes to talk too. Lol! Sometimes you just have to ask, "So God is there anything you want to tell me today?". It's nice to shut up and listen every once in awhile. I'm discovering a new side to my relationship with Jesus. The side where he tells me things because I ask. It provides a special kind of comfort. I'm also learning this in my other relationships. I like being quiet. Who would have ever thought?! Not me and definitely not my mom. ;) I sure talked her ear off when I was a kid. Lol! I like being still and just knowing someone. I'm not out to change my personality. I like it. Maybe there's just another side of me to be discovered. A quiet restful side. Being passionate all the time is exhausting. Lol! I'm sure I'll always be full of words, but I think I'll become better at knowing when to speak and when to shut it. ;) lol!!
"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!" (Psalm 46:10 ESV)
Look at this: look Who got picked by God! He listens the split second I call to him. Complain if you must, but don't lash out. Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking. Build your case before God and wait for his verdict. Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say. "More, more." I have God's more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day Than they get in all their shopping sprees. At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, For you, God, have put my life back together. (Psalm 4:3-8 MSG)
Oooh. That's a good point. I'm not very good at asking God what He'd like to tell me. And yes. Being passionate all the time IS exhausting!
ReplyDelete