I don't know about you, but that scripture scares the bejeepers out my religious side. Why do I say religious side? Because its the side that wants to work its way to heaven by being "good" and getting it all right. I don't know about you but being religious/legalistic has never really worked out for me. It leaves me feeling like a failure, worthless, and unhappy. I'm the happiest when I surrender to Jesus and let him fill me with love. I used to think that surrendering my all meant only the good stuff (like my house, my money, my relationships, my kids, my TV, my music). I thought surrendering also meant I would never have anything good in my life. God was gonna take it all! LOL! It's a misunderstanding of the character of God. God is love and good all the time. My bad attitude is mine to surrender just as much as my over use and love affair with my IPhone. ;) lol!! But the cool thing is Jesus isn't mad at me or with holding his love. He is just waiting for me to surrender and ask for him to fill me up with him, love. To replace my baggage with his freedom. I honestly don't want to be full of only me and my wants and my pride. I want to still be me, but just a more Christ like version. ;) lol! God has everything I need! He is everything I need! The more I surrender to him and ask him to deal with me and my burdens the more freedom and love I walk in. I am FREE! Covered by grace and loved unconditionally. Even when I was cuddling my bad attitude, He loved me. But releasing it and finding happiness helps me to see God a little clearer. I like it.... a lot. :)
Oh and that verse at the beginning said disciple...not salvation...just a thought I am chewing on. :)
Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory , but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:3 AMP)
WAIT and listen, everyone who is thirsty! Come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy [priceless, spiritual] wine and milk without money and without price [simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing]. (Isaiah 55:1 AMP)
No comments:
Post a Comment