Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fairy Tales

I've been thinking on this phrase "living in a fairy tale" today. I find it fascinating how people only focus on the happy ever after and say its a lie. We don't think of the fact that all good fairy tales are full of good vs evil.

Why is it a negative to live a life like this?

I believe in hope. Isn't that what the damsel always exhibits in these stories? Hope? She always dreams of great things. She's not defined by her circumstances. She has character, strength, endurance, innocence and determination. Its true, bad stuff happens, evil people exist. Happy endings are true though. I choose to live one daily. I fight a battle against the things that try to steal my "happy ever after". I cherish it. I'm humbled by it.

I think we need to rethink something's we teach our children. :) Maybe it should be more like this...remember life is like a fairy tale. There is a happy ever after. It is something you fight for, they don't just happen. Don't allow the villain to take what's yours. You are the heroin, the hero. Rise to the occasion. Take care of those around you. Learn to be the one worthy of a glass slipper. You are the one writing this story called your life. You shouldn't blame others if you fail. Why be a victim? It leaves you powerless. Rewrite it. Erase bitterness, erase self doubt, erase hopelessness. Write in forgiveness, confidence, hope. :) You can succeed! You are worth everything. You are worth a crown and a kingdom, even eternal life. :)

I'm taking my pen back. It's in my hand. I write my story. :) It's a happily ever after. :)


A wise woman builds her home,
but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands. (Proverbs 14:1 NLT)


Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. (Romans 5:2 NLT)

For the Lamb on the throne
will be their Shepherd.
He will lead them to springs of life-giving water.
And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.” (Revelation 7:17 NLT)

See happily ever after.... It's a promise.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Jaz! We are victorious because of what Jesus did for us. We should walk & live that way as examples for our children. Wish I had known some of these things back in the day. We were a little bit legalistic in the 80's...haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, wasn't everyone a tad legalistic in the 80's? :) lol!! Maybe even the 90's too? ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete