Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Snack Mix.... Kid's love it!

I have discovered a delicious snack that kids love! I was in need of a snack for the children at church and I forgot to go to the store to purchase one. I had to come up with something and it had to feed 20-25 kids, be ready in 20 minutes, and be easy to eat. I found pretzels, honey nut cheerios, semi sweet chocolate chips, and marshmallows in my pantry. I mixed it all together and it was so good!! I had to make it again last Saturday and it had to feed up to 50 kids so I added popcorn and good became amazing! :) lol! I was asked for the recipe so here it is...

1 bag of small pretzel sticks
8-10 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1 bag of miniture marshmallows
2-3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-2 bags of popped microwave popcorn (optional)
2 cups of honey roasted peanuts (optional, I left this out because of allergies)

Toss all ingredients in a VERY large bowl... I had to use two. You can make half recipes for a smaller group. Store in an air tight container. We all love this snack and it's a healthier option to chips or cookies. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am really excited to see you blogging. I love the way you think. Plus, what a wonderful way to keep a journal/record of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. My kids would love this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete