Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weeds

    We have great conversation while working together. Everyday tasks are full of life giving wisdom. The weeds in the flower beds were left unattended during the last few months of the growing season. The bumblebees were every where! Big scary noisy bees! It was either get up at 6 am to weed or leave it alone. Since I had a 6 mth old baby, the choice was leave it be! :) The decision has left a huge tangle of deep rooted weeds. We have to dig deep to get all the roots out. As we work I explain how important it is to pull weeds when they are small. Catch them before the roots go deep. It's an easier job and your flower beds don't look as abused when your done. You save your mulch and the job goes faster.
   It's the same with life. Catch a negative emotion or thought before it takes root. If you leave your garden or your heart unchecked it will take a major "digging" to get things healthy and beautiful again. A garden can always be brought back to life, as can we. Thankfully I have a master gardener taking care of me, Jesus. :) I just want to save myself and my children from the painful uprooting unattended feelings leave behind. I'm a work in progress and my children are so special to me. Passing on wisdom and leaving them a heritage is my goal. I pray and trust God that I will successful. :)


The most pressing matter is to keep the boy from eating dirt. :) lol!!
He is so cute when his face is all dirty. :)

The sun is shining! Yay! Right in my eyes. :) It feels so good to be outside with the kids.

    It's never too early too teach a good work ethic! :) lol! Kohen has learned to
 tug on the weeds by watching us :)

2 comments: