Wednesday, January 25, 2012

These cookies made a "Keeper" :)

I love these cookies!! So does my father in law. :) He told Landon I was a keeper when I started telling rich Okie jokes and I brought him these cookies. ;) hehehehe
I'm sending the Heinen boys off on their hunting trip with 4 dozen. Landon's already claimed 2 of the 4. ;) I love making goodies that are fought over. I think my head grows a bit large. ;) Lol!

Here is my wonderful recipe. I hope you have as much luck as I've had with these ginger snaps. :)


Ginger Snaps

Cream together:
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar

Add to creamed mixture:
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Sift together:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed ingredients. Mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 10-15 minutes. My magic number is 11 minutes. ;) makes 3-5 dozen.


These disappeared in about 5 minutes! Warm soft cookies are the best! :)


Kooper's 8 year old hands rolled the cookies into balls tonight.
She is going to be a "Keeper" one day, too. ;) lol!!!


I think they are better cooked on my stoneware. :) YUMMY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment