Sunday, March 18, 2012

Boundaries

I really like having a family. My husband, my kids, it's everything. I'm not one who feels like I'm missing out on anything. Girls nights, shopping, freedom...not things I desire. I don't fully understand why. It's just something I've been thinking about the last year. I seem to externally process so most things on my blog aren't completely ironed out thoughts. Lol! So I'm writing this as I'm trying to figure out why. I don't think those things are bad...I'm just extremely content with this mommy gig. I like raising little people. I like having a husband. I like my house. I like our mess. I see the good in most things. Maybe it's just a work Jesus has done in my heart as I've learned more about love. I'm not sure. I just know I like it. I like contentment. I like peace. My life is my favorite. :)
There are days where I want to run screaming....but they are few and far between. I think maybe it has to do with boundaries. I've become good at saying no and yes with more thought, understanding my limitations. I prize my down time and I actually schedule it in. I also don't allow my kids to trample on me. I'm important and they will treat me as such as I retreat them that way. I'm just thinking...maybe the whole boundaries lesson I learned from Danny Silk's book Loving Our Kids on Purpose is behind some of this. I have to value myself before others will. Boundaries....maybe that's what the why. :) lol
Whatever the reasons I like being content and loving my family. Thank God I can and I am. :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to get my copy back! lol I loaned it to my neighbor, and I've been wanting to re-read it. I may have to just let her keep it & buy myself a new one. It's one of those things that I need to periodically re-read and evaluate what new changes I need to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..I've missed you, Jaz! Would you consider writing for the Sherman blog? Haha you are good.. need to talk to you dahlin'. Enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete