I love to take care of people, to serve you might say. My friend teased me last week about how I serve my kids...and hers. She told me I was spoiling them. I've been thinking about this for a week now to see if I overdo serving and here's my conclusion.
My mom took excellent care of me and my little brother (my sister was 15 when I was born so I can't give an accurate account of that). I'm sure she over served us. We surely took advantage of it and forgot to honor her. The one thing I remember is how much she loved us through taking care of us. I think it taught me how to serve. How to think of others needs. She taught me by example. So maybe that's what I'm doing. Teaching by example. I'm always one to point out when they are dishonoring me by demanding too much. There's nothing wrong with making them a bedtime snack of chocolate milk and popcorn while they sit on there bottoms watching a movie. They will in turn refill my coffee in the morning and pick up the living room. We serve each other here at our house. We aren't perfect. Boy! Am I glad I don't have to carry that burden, perfection! ;)
Children have love languages too. I want to fill up their little love tanks...one chocolate milk at a time, cuddles, talks, and encouraging words. I won't get everything right. But I think being their waitress isn't a negative. :) They give good tips. Lol!!
So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:42-45 NLT)

Love it and the picture!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Such an inspiration. I love to serve in our family as well. It makes me so proud when I see my children doing something for someone else just because and not because they are told. If we don't set an example for our children as Christ set the example for us, how then can we expect our children to do what the Bible teaches. Thanks for sharing your stories and thoughts. Love reading all of them.
ReplyDelete