Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just Right

But when they measured it out, everyone had just enough. Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over, and those who gathered only a little had enough. Each family had just what it needed. (Exodus 16:18 NLT)

Just what is needed. I've been reading Exodus this month and it amazes me how fast the Israelites lost hope and trust in God. The truth is I lived like this for years. I didn't know God. I just knew about him, through my parents and others. My head was full of knowledge but my heart was far from Him. How many times did I complain about my circumstances? Ask God why he wasn't fixing it for me? Taking it away? I couldn't see him because of how close I'd allowed myself to get to my problem/circumstances. God is great and good and kind, the perfect Father. He was there all along I just never bothered to ask him and trust him to fulfill his promises. I didn't understand my role in a successful life. That's what the Israelites seemed to be missing. They even looked back and wanted to be slaves again! Even with food falling from the sky, their shoes and clothes never wearing out, they wanted to go back to Egypt. Really? :) but how many times have I wanted to go back to Egypt. All the remember when's. Wasn't it better then's. Crazy! I'm trying something new in my life. Trusting God with my whole heart. I'm not afraid. I'm not alone. I'm full and continue to be filled to overflowing. God promised me and I stand on it. It's not easy to trust. It's actually one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's where the good stuff is at though. It's how I'm seeing victory in my life. Trust. Simple yet hard. I can't look down on the Israelites for not seeing who God is and how much they should have trusted. I walked around in my own wilderness for years and God had to feed me and cloth me and carry me through most of it. I'm in my promised land now. I'm own my own two feet living in my God given authority. Working hard while completely resting and trusting in Him. I can trust Him because I now see how He carried me. How he loved me. How he never let me go. He's just that good. If you don't know God (just know about him), just ask him to revel himself. He will. Just ask. He always answers. What do you have to loose? :) He gives me just what's needed. I like that.

“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9, 10 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment