Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stinky Babies

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left. (Matthew 19:14, 15 NLT)

Ask any friend of mine what I used to say about the nursery! You'll find out it wasn't good. :) I've worked in the church nursery 3 times this month. Once I helped a friend, she was out numbered, once I just got my days mixed up and once I was on the schedule. The day I helped my friend I was on a helping high. I love helping highs. It feels so good to serve. That is when it dawned on me that I should feel this way every time I'm in with the babies. But it doesn't usually feel that way. Its like prison. Trapped! That's how I used to feel.
So I asked my friends to pray for me on my (non)scheduled night because I thought it was my turn. :) I left that night in a great way. I started loving those 0-3 year olds. It's a supernatural change in my heart. I can even hug the little stinkers. ;) lol! I didn't want God to change my heart for awhile. I liked disliking the nursery. ;) hehehe But it's so much better to enjoy what you're doing. I love Kim and Pam too much not to volunteer. :) So that's why I asked my girlfriends to pray for me and my nursery duty. So every time my bad attitude shows up, be brave and remind me to pray and ask God for a good attitude. ;) I might bite you but I'll say sorry once my attitude changes. ;) hehe
Some times feelings feel so real that we think they are our identity. Like I did thinking I'm not a nursery girl. That was a lie I was agreeing with. Now that I'm on the other side and seeing the truth...I love these children, life is so much brighter. :) I want to apply this in all areas of my life. I'm sure I'll slip back into my stinky attitude at times...but I'm thinking it'll become less and less. The more I start making right choices with my thinking/feeling the easier it will be to keep a great outlook on life and serving others. :)

Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 1:14 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment