Thursday, March 29, 2012

The power of words

Our words are powerful. What we speak over our children, good or bad, will come to pass. I named my oldest daughter Kooper with a K. Cooper means barrel maker. Since I changed the spelling I felt I could play around with the meaning. Lol! So I looked up the word maker and it says creative, imagination, innovative and many other wonderful words. I've always used these words to describe her. To others and to her face. She has become what her name says she is. I've included a picture of her chore list for today and Kooper's creativity is splattered all over it. My girl can't do anything with out adding color or a little touch of art. I spoke these words over her. We speak over our children and others everyday. What are we saying? Will we be happy when our words become true? If we say something long enough it becomes the truth. I'm going to work my hardest to only prophesy the best over my children. Maybe even roll my eyes a little less at their quirks. We will see. ;) lol! One thing I know is I never want to forget the power words have and always use mine wisely.

Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing. (Proverbs 12:18 NLT)

A mans stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:20, 21 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment