I've been busy this weekend. I made three purses, cleaned, baked, cooked, two birthday parties, church, after church party, watched two movies, and all with a fussy mad little boy. ;) I'm still trying to recover. lol! I have a busy day today too. It's not easy to fit all my life in 24 hours a day, seven days a week. But it's what I have to work with...I'm doing the best I can. I had to chunk my to do list yesterday at about 6 pm because looking at it made me feel like a failure. I've decided that for a week I'm going to make a general to do list, but at the end of the day I am going to list all that I accomplished. I think it will give me the boost I need. All little things never make it on a list to be checked off. They aren't list worthy in my mind. They must matter...right? Changing dirty diapers, bathing all the kids, picking up toys 5 times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, getting dressed, reading a book to the kids, sitting down to hold them... they matter. It just never makes the "list". So at the end of the day I don't see what I've accomplished, I see what I didn't get checked off my list. There is a scripture that says if you don't have love nothing else matters. Isn't this true in raising a family too? If I don't have love what does a clean house mean, a finished to do list? Don't get me wrong I want those things...but if I don't take time to love it counts as nothing. My parents got the love thing right. Life was messy (not in the I need to vacuum kinda way) growing up, but I had love from my parents and lots of it. :) Love covers a multitude of sins. It's true. I'm living proof. I know I will get things wrong...I'm human. My kids are going to be alright though, because I'm putting love at the top of my list. :)
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Love this post!! Thanks for keeping it real! :)
ReplyDeleteLove it!!! You are so right. It's about the important things we accomplished! Thanks for the encouragement. I needed to hear this today.
ReplyDelete