This was the lesson for children's church last night. I love it! We are to be thankful in everything. We don't have to be thankful for everything. Seriously how silly is it to be thankful for sickness, or death, or flat tires. It makes more sense to be thankful in the circumstances not for it. Maybe it's more of an attitude of gratitude. Always searching for the good. Expecting the best. Holding onto the promise that God gives good gifts to his children. Life happens. Sometimes it gets ugly and heartbreaking. The question is how will I respond? I hope to continue growing my thankful heart. Feed it and water it until it grows crazy big! So big that it makes people stop and stare. LOL! I have negative thoughts and feelings daily, I just catch them and chunk them before they take root in my heart... most of the time. lol :) I'm choosing to meditate on what's good and right instead of what's bad and wrong. Its making a difference in my life. :) Landon told me a few months ago that for every negative thought I have about anything (myself, others, anything) I should replace it with 5 positive thoughts. It's so hard!!! It works though. I eventually stopped being as negative just so I could save time. Lol! :) I like saving time. ;)
Kohen helping me last night.
The calm before the storm! Every seat had a bottom in it last night. It was a full house at children's church. I love teaching the kids! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment