Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Candy

Oh how I loved my candy when I was little!! My Aunt Cheryle likes to tell the story about my special purse I carried that was full of candy. My life source...or so I thought. I spent all my birthday money on candy. I loved Easter! Oh how sweet to have a basket full of candy eggs. :) Sugar! Sugar! Sugar! I lived for it. Candy doesn't have the same power over me like when I was little. I do still like my sweets. Just please make it a cookie or cake now. :) My girls are just as enamored with candy today as I was 25 years ago. It's becoming a problem. I've been praying about it and looking for a solution. My first instinct was to throw it all away and never allow it back into the house. But what does that teach my kids? I want to help them make good choices not take all temptation away. I have some ideas rolling around in my head. I just talked with Landon about it and I think we are on the right track. I'll share what works and what doesn't work as I journey through this. Right now I'm just suffering from a case of the lazies. It takes a lot of work to change habits and break out of old routines. It is time to make a change. Will I survive? I sure hope so! Will the kids survive? Well?? ;) lol! They will probably resist at first but I'm not scared....anymore. :) lol! It has come down to one question, do I love them enough to train them?


No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. (Hebrews 12:11 NLT)

Fathers, don't exasperate your children by coming down hard on them. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master. (Ephesians 6:4 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment