Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Late Night Talks

My girls kept me up late last night. They needed to talk. These talks, I've discovered, are the most valuable use of my time. I'm never disappointed. It's where I learn my daughters hearts. I'm too busy running around getting things done during the day to truly hear. There's something about being tucked in for the night that brings out the talk in those girls. ;)
Kooper's heart is so sure, so confident! She sees things in pictures and then describes the pictures to us. Her best of last night goes something like this..."We are like our beds. We try our hardest to make it perfect. Smooth the covers. Tuck them in. But no matter how perfect we do it there are still wrinkles. We have wrinkles in us that we can't fix on our own. No matter how good we are. That's why we need Jesus. He smoothes out our wrinkles for us. :) "
McKenna best was something like this..." Papaw's getting old isn't he? Will he die if we get him sick again? I don't like him to get sick. He stops being crazy when he's sick. He used to be this crazy (hand lifted over her head) now he's this crazy (hand six inches above her lap)." I ask "Do you miss crazy Papaw?" She answers, "Yes, do you remember when we would dance like on dances with the stars? I miss those times."

It's conversations like this that keep me connected to my girls. I hear their hearts. I can comfort their fears. We can talk about whatever is on their minds. I want to remember to pause my life long enough to connect with my children. :)


As a face is reflected in water,
so the heart reflects the real person. (Proverbs 27:19 NLT)

Know the state of your flocks,
and put your heart into caring for your herds, for riches don’t last forever,
and the crown might not be passed to the next generation.
(Proverbs 27:23, 24 NLT)

O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge.
(Psalm 62:8 NLT)

1 comment:

  1. Preciousness. Pure preciousness.
    Love moments like these. <3

    ReplyDelete