Psalms 147:3 He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Kohen
"Nothing can stop me now!" It's what I sang as I jumped off the examining table in the fertility specialists office almost two years ago. I was 8 weeks pregnant with my sweet baby boy Kohen. My special promise, my baby, the boy I was dreaming about for three long heartbreaking years. There was something different this time. It was a confidence, a faith, a feeling that this was a baby that would survive. I was diagnosed with habitual spontaneous abortion, 4 miscarriages and elevated RA Factor. Daily injections into my abdomen of blood thinners everyday of my pregnancy was the treatment plan. I had overcome my fear of needles and I was going to do it. There was something stopping me though. As I prayed and asked God for guidance, I received an answer. No injections. This was not the path for me. I knew I couldn't take a negative report from my doctor. After loosing four babies, I was a little fragile. :) So Landon and I agreed to go see the doctor at 8 weeks. My previous 4 babies lost their sweet little heartbeat at 6-7 weeks. I knew that if we saw his heartbeat at 8 weeks, he was a survivor. The doctors face was priceless when he saw that strong baby heartbeat. He was shocked. He transferred me back to my regular doctor that day. It was a miracle. I was healed and I started the journey of daily renewing my mind. Overcoming fear, standing by faith and growing a precious life. Kohen was born December 2010, a healthy boy at 8lbs 3ozs. Landon and I just cried and stared at this baby. We held him close and praised God for the healing of our broken hearts and the fulfillment of our hope. My journey has been painful. Life is painful. The difference in my life is I never face this broken world on my own. I have Jesus. He is my everything. My very life. I'm so thankful for my salvaged life. I'm so thankful for the chance to bring another child into this world. Like I said in that doctors office, nothing can stop me now!! :) I have such faith and assurance in my redeemed life. I might get slowed down at times, but I won't be stopped. :)
Psalms 147:3 He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalms 147:3 He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have been given a wonderful piece of truth in your walk with the Lord, Jaz. We do get slowed down when we are walking this walk of faith...That's the hard/hurting times that He is growing us. But we won't be stopped, because we are GROWING!! You have it right my dear friend!! It is then that the enemy comes in and really wants us to stop completely, brings the spirit of fear, hopes we will be defeated, etc. Praise God for His Spirit that raises up within us and gives us The Victory over his lies! Thank you Jesus for Kohen!! Thank you, Jesus for SAMUEL!!! Thank you, Jesus for all the other Victories we have as we walk this walk of FAITH and VICTORY!!! YAY!!! Keep on walking, Ms Jasmine!!
ReplyDelete