Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Banana Coconut Muffins

I'm not the best muffin maker. Muffins take a special order and exactness that is unnatural to me. Lol! But with Kooper's help we did a great job on this recipe. I'll add my little tips as I write the recipe out. Another important fact about me.... I'm horrible at copying recipes. So if it seems like an ingredient or step is missing? It probably is. ;) lol! So message me or comment with your questions. The most important thing is toast your coconut! So amazing. Just put it in a non stick skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stirring it often. It needs to be golden brown. :)

Banana Coconut Muffins

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of sugar (I'm pretty sure I put a 1/2 cup...lol! Not for certain, sorry)

1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana
3/4 cup milk, warmed
1/2 cup butter melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted

Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture.
Melt the butter(about 45 sec) in a small mixing bowl in the microwave. Then add the milk warm it for 20-30 seconds. Add the egg and banana. Stir well. Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until almost moist then add coconut and stir just until blended.

Spoon batter into greased muffin pans filling 2/3 full. I grease them with shortening or butter and sprinkle sugar over the greased areas. :) bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Don't over cook. There is nothing worse than a overdone muffin...well maybe a raw one. ;) hehehe I check my muffins at 14 minutes and check every 1 1/2 minutes after that. :) I like them perfect or better. ;) lol! :)

I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do. They are my favorite.....for now. :) lol

1 comment: