Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Biscuits



                                               Sweet  Biscuits


 3 cups flour
1T baking powder
1/2 t soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk

Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a medium to large bowl.
Cut butter into dry ingredients, using a pastry blender or two knifes. It should look like crumbles then add the buttermilk. Only stir until moist. Knead 4-5 times. Pat out to 1/2 thick. Cut biscuits. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until browned.

The secret to soft flaky biscuits is to use cold butter and to not over stir.



This is what the mixture should look like after you cut in the butter. crumbly. :)
This is after I added the butter milk. Do not mix it into a ball or until completely moist. I dump it onto a floured surface when it looks like this. I knead it 4-10 times.

I rolled the dough out thin in this picture. I added jalapeno cheddar sausage to each round and then folded it over.

The jalapeno cheddar sausage. I was able to make 6 sausage biscuits out of each link.

      
                                
                                             The Sausage Biscuits right out of the oven. SO GOOD! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment